Your access and use of this Website is subject to Arctic Leaf’s Terms of Service (the “Terms”). Any capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the respective meanings given to them in the Terms.
- when the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- in an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health or personal security;
- when the personal information is available from a public source;
- when Arctic Leaf requires legal advice from a lawyer;
- for the purposes of collecting debt;
- to enable Arctic Leaf to protect itself from fraud; or
- to investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law.
III. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Arctic Leaf collects personal information through variety of means, including:
- directly from users of the Website, including without limitation, when a user uses or visits this Website or the services provided hereon, contacts Arctic Leaf, requests information, registers or administers an account, or participates in promotions;
- from data that is input by a user into or in connection with the Services or otherwise posted to this Website;
- from Arctic Leaf’s business partners;
- from third party sources; and
- automatically from devices through which users access this Website and the Services.
IV. INFORMATION COLLECTED
Arctic Leaf collects personal information from its users to facilitate and assist with providing the Services to its customers and users of the Website. The information collected will vary from one user to the next depending on their use of the Website and the Services, but generally Arctic Leaf collects the following information:
- account and contact information such as a customer’s name, telephone number, email address and similar identifying information;
- communications with Arctic Leaf;
- if a customer links to or connects with third party services provided through this Website, or otherwise integrated into the Services, the third-party providers of such services may send information to Arctic Leaf, all of which will be controlled by such third party service providers;
- usage information about a customer’s interactions with the Services;
- “cookies” which enables Arctic Leaf to remember and process a customer’s requests on this Website and the Services (collection of this information may be disabled by the user through his, her or its internet browser settings); and
- to the extent permitted by applicable law Arctic Leaf may receive additional information about its users, such as demographic data or fraud detection information and warnings.
V. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Arctic Leaf collects, uses and discloses personal information about its customers for the following purposes:
- to register users;
- to verify and authenticate information;
- to provide the Services and operate its business;
- to respond to customer requests, concerns and complaints, including customer service requests;
- to administer accounts;
- to establish and manage customer relationships and provide notifications to you.
- to bill its customers for the Services;
- to disclose to third-party business partners for the purpose of providing third-party services that are integrated within the Services;
- to manage and track leads provided by customers;
- to detect and protect Arctic Leaf and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Arctic Leaf’s policies and contractual obligations;
- to respond to customer requests, concerns and complaints, including customer service requests; and
- to establish and manage customer relationships and provide notifications to you.
VI. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
From time to time, Arctic Leaf may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- internally, within the enterprise;
- to service providers, including organizations or individuals retained by Arctic Leaf to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, and document management and office services;
- to an organization or individual retained by Arctic Leaf to evaluate the creditworthiness of its customers or to collect outstanding debts on an account;
- to a financial institution, on a confidential basis and solely in connection with the assignment of a right to receive payment, the provision of security or other financing arrangements;
- to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Arctic Leaf, is providing or seeking the information as the agent of one or more of its customers;
- to any third-party where such disclosure has been obtained from the applicable customer or where such disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- to third-party service providers to facilitate and provide certain features, functionalities or integrated third-party services in connection with the Services; and
- for any legitimate business purpose, provided that the personal information is aggregated and anonymized.
Arctic Leaf shall not sell your personal information without your consent except in the event that Arctic Leaf is acquired by or merged with another company and your personal information is included in the sale. In this event, Arctic Leaf will transfer such information to the acquiring or merging entity with the other business assets being transferred and will notify any customer whose information is to be so transferred by email or by placing a prominent notice on this Website prior to the transfer of such information.
VII. STORAGE AND SECURITY
All personal information collected by Arctic Leaf is stored in secure locations and on servers located at the facilities of its service providers.
To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, Arctic Leaf employs industry-standard administrative and technological safeguards to protect such information, including operating secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems.
You may access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information that Arctic Leaf has about you by contacting Arctic Leaf’s privacy officer at the following email address [email protected] or by mail at 400 Cooper St. #901 Ottawa, ON, K2P 2H8 . If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so through your account settings on this Website. If you do so, all personally identifiable information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that Arctic Leaf may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backed up copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or as otherwise required by law.
VIII. THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Customers using the Services may take advantage of a number of third-party services that are integrated with the Services. In doing so, customers’ personal information shall become subject to the policies and practices of those third-party service providers. Arctic Leaf strongly recommends that all customers making use of such integrated services read and understand the privacy policies of each company providing such integrated services prior to using such services. In particular, it is important to note that certain third-party service providers may be located, or have facilities in foreign jurisdictions, in which case the personal information of customers using those services may become subject to the laws of the respective jurisdictions in which those service providers are located.
Arctic Leaf is in no way responsible for the privacy practices of other service providers, websites, or any other persons or entities.
When an individual visitor accesses this Website, Arctic Leaf may use a browser feature called a ‘cookie' to collect information such as the type of Internet browser and operating system the visitor uses, the domain name of the website from which the visitor came, the date and duration of the visit, the number of visits, the average time spent on this Website, the pages viewed, and number of cookies accumulated. A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that identifies the visitor's browser, but not necessarily the visitor, to the host’s computers each time its website is visited. Unless a visitor specifically identifies itself to Arctic Leaf, Arctic Leaf will not know who the individual visitors are. Users can reset their browsers either to notify them when they have received a cookie or to refuse to accept cookies. However, if a visitor refuses to accept cookies, he or she may not be able to use some of the features available on this Website.
Arctic Leaf reserves the right to modify or supplement this Policy at any time. If changes are made to this Policy, Arctic Leaf will post such changes to this website and make such revised policy and changes available upon request to the Arctic Leaf privacy officer. However, Arctic Leaf will obtain the necessary consents required under applicable privacy laws if it seeks to collect, use or disclose the personal information of any of its customers for purposes other than those for which consent has been obtained unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
XI. FURTHER INFORMATION
Arctic Leaf has appointed [email protected] as its privacy officer to oversee compliance with this Policy and applicable privacy laws. For additional information on Arctic Leaf’s privacy policies please contact [email protected].
2019 Arctic Leaf Inc.